Sunday, July 20, 2008

Rambling

So, graduation parties continue this weekend and Ali is running on empty. She came home last night close to tears because parents and other kids at graduation parties keep saying "aren't you excited about college?".....and her true answer is no. She doesn't want to tell people that she needs her mom every day. I tried to explain to her that we have unlimited texting and I'm available at any time and she is free to come home every weekend for as long as she wants, but it's not the same as having mom wake you up every morning and my at the end of the day to tell all the high school gossip to.

So my fears......
1. She's gone on a health kick and she told her sister (who then told me) that she's lost 10 pounds in a month. I know that anorexics feel that life is so out of control and food is something that can be controlled. She does love her boobs so she did say to Sam that she doesn't want to lose more weight because her boobs would shrink - I know, too much information!! BTW, she's not anorexic, but she does have obsessive compulsive disorder which she chose to stop medication for a couple years ago.
2. She will hate college so much that she won't make it through the first semester. I'm hoping that she can make it through the first year and then, if she wants, she can transfer to a college closer to home.
3. She will make both of us such emotional wrecks over the next 5 weeks that we can't enjoy the summer.

Oh vay - I'm done for now. The girls are out getting manicures right now. Sam can't wait to get back to college to hang with her friends and have her independence again - thankfully!!

No comments: